More benefits of gratitude
22 Feb 2018.
I really like this article, which looks at the ongoing benefits of gratitude https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/what-mentally-strong-people-dont-do/201504/7-scientifically-proven-benefits-gratitude.
Gratitude is more than just “looking on the bright side”: it is really a way to help refocus the way we examine the world we live in and the relationships we maintain. Being deliberately grateful can really help to maintain psychological resilience, even when the going gets tough.
The article discusses 7 clear benefits of a regular practice of gratitude:
- Gratitude opens the door to more relationships.
- Gratitude improves physical health
- Gratitude improves psychological health.
- Gratitude enhances empathy and reduces aggression.
- Grateful people sleep better.
- Gratitude improves self esteem.
- Gratitude increases mental strength.
Sounds like it’s worth a try!